Voting

Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year New Life (in Him)

So I was sitting in the peds doctors office today waiting on A to get her 2 month checkup. I kept thinking about New Years resolutions and I have to admit some pretty hefty goals came to mind. Such as, work more hours to make more money, save money to put towards a bigger house, workout daily, etc. You get the picture. While there is nothing wrong with setting goals for yourself, it is wrong when God is not the primary focus of your life. God truly convicted me while I was picturing that bigger house in my mind. It's like He was right there waving in my face saying, "Um Hello...I'm right here and I'm all you need." Have you ever had such a strong conviction before?   I truly hope this year that I am able to place my eyes on The Lord and then really open my heart to what He is trying to teach me and to have the courage to listen and to follow His will. Just wanted to share this with you guys. I hope everyone has had a great start to the new year. I'm off to get some sleep : )




No comments:

Post a Comment