Voting

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2 on Tuesday: Christmas Traditions

I'm linking up with my cousin Andrea @ My Chihuahua Bites, for Two on Tuesdays! This week's topic is Christmas Traditions.

Growing up one of my favorite traditions were making Christmas cookies with my family. We would make them on the morning of Christmas Eve. It was always a lot of fun to make cookies for Santa! My other favorite tradition was also on Christmas Eve. My parents always lets us open two gifts on Christmas Eve. We would 1st read the story of Jesus's birth in Luke 2, then go around and take turn opening our presents. One gift was always pajamas, and the 2nd would usually be a devotional book. We would then line up in front of the Christmas tree and take family pictures in our pajamas :) See old picture below





This is one of my favorite memories... my grandfather was in the nursing home, so we invited my grandmother to spend Christmas eve with us at my parent's house. She got to open her own set of new Christmas pj's that year. So here we are with my grandmother looking super cute in her pjs, while me and my brother and sister are in old comfy clothes :)

Now that I'm married, my husband and I have some of our own Christmas traditions...

On the morning of Christmas Eve, we head to Cracker Barrell for the annual family Christmas breakfast with my husband's side of the family. Here is a picture from two years ago, because I am a slacker and did not document last year's trip:


Another tradition that we have continued, is that we always ready the biblical Christmas story on Christmas Eve together. I'm sure one day when we have kids, we will create more Christmas traditions for our family to share together. I will leave you with our family Christmas card photo from last year.



Merry Christmas, ya'll :)


Megan








No comments:

Post a Comment